$db = mysql_connect("localhost", "skafia", "ratrace");
// first increment the count
$updateCounter = mysql_query("UPDATE hidcounter SET counter = counter + 1", $db);
// display the counter
$qcounter = mysql_query("SELECT counter from hidcounter", $db);
$counter = mysql_fetch_row($qcounter);
Welcome to my 1998 Acura Integra Type R OEM HID Retrofit!
If you have any questions or need help please check out http://www.hidplanet.com.
Step #5 - Drill New Mounting Holes
- Now take the Audi Projector and remove the reflector housing from
the whole unit and also
remove the cut off shield, D2S bulb and place everything in a safe
- Now on the backside of the reflector housing, using your drill and a 1/4"
bit, drill the existing
4 holes where the reflector and the lense bracket were held on.
Go slow, and be very careful because
the reflector housing is very fragile so we don't want to crack or break
This next steps are kinda tricky and I really don't know how better to explain
it but you just
have to use your best judgement.
- Place the reflector housing against the back of the bracket and use your sharpie
and mark the 4
mounting holes on the bracket with the 4 holes you drilled on the
reflector. Remember, the cut-off
shield on the reflector should be on the bottom, and the green level
on the bracket should be upright.
- Cut 8 one inch sections of the R/C Exhaust piping.
- Now place your long bolts into the holes of the reflector housing going from
the front of the reflector
to the back where the opening of the bolts should be on the back
of the reflector and the head is on
- Place each one inch section of R/C piping on the bolts.
- Now place the bolts against the front of the bracket and mark the holes where
you need to drill.
- Use the notch that you cut out earlier as a guide to where the first hole
will go, as for the rest
just play around with it to make sure that the reflector is going
to be horizontally and vertically
straight on the mounting bracket.
- Now that you have your mounting spots, carefully drill holes into the bracket.
- Once your holes are drilled put the bolts through the bracket, you'll want
the One inch R/C piping
to be flush with the bracket, but you'll notice that at first the
piping won't hit the bracket because the reflector
will not fit into the bracke. You must use your dremel and sanding
drum to widen up the opening so that the
R/C section will be flush.
- Once everything is lined up and the projector sits snug inside the bracket
reattach your HID unit (lense/bracket)
and tighten everything up snug, don't overtighten because you could
Note: Use your washers
to make the top and bottom mounting spots level with each other, and remember
when widening the opening for the reflector to sit in,
be very careful so you don't mess up the
Note: The One
inch piping will allow the projector to stick a little further out than the
It is okay to have the HID Projector stick about 1/4 - 1/2"
forward because it will allow as much light
to escape the housing as possible.
Note: If your bolts
are hanging too much off the back of the reflector, simply cut them to the distance
shown in the
Note: It is very crucial
that the projector is horizontally and vertically straight or you'll have a
Note: It is also very important
to clean the lense and reflector housing before you attach everything, this
ensures the best available light output.
Copyright © 2003-2008 hidmod.com